First Steps to Home Ownership
First Steps to Home Ownership in the Keys
Are you a First Time Homebuyer? Make your dream of living in paradise a reality! Here is a guide to follow to ensure your first time home buying experience is as smooth as possible.
1. Select a qualified Lender, and let them determine your eligibility. Your lender will provide the education that will assist you in becoming Pre-Qualified and Pre-Approved for your loan. A lender can help you decide how your debt may affect your credit.
2. Let your lender identify what incentive programs you may qualify for. Ask questions about eligibility for a VA, First Time Buyer, FHA or want a fixer upper – then find out more about the 203 Renovation Loans.
- Did you know there are several great neighborhoods to choose from?
- Check out Key West “Neighborhoods”
Are you considering the Lower Keys?
- Check out Information on the Lower Keys from Big Coppitt to Big Pine!
• What price range will you consider? • Do you want to live within the boundaries of a specific school system? • Do you want to live near public transit? • Do you want to live near the beach? • Do you want water access for a boat? • Is neighborhood walk-ability important to you? • Do you want to live in a gated community? • Do you want to live in an area with community amenities such as a swimming pool or tennis courts? • In what kind of home would you like to live? One-story? Two-story? Townhouse? Condo? • Is there an architectural style to which you’re drawn? Colonial? Craftsman? Contemporary? • Is there an architectural style you strongly dislike?
•Do you want a new home (less than 5 years old) or an older home? • Do you want a historic home (at least 50 years old)? • Are you willing to do a little renovation? A lot of renovation? No renovation? • How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you want? • What is the minimum and maximum square footage you’ll consider? • Are there physical needs that need to be met (wheelchair access or limited stairs)? • Do you have pets with special requirements?
Work with a Local Lender – They will be able to determine if you qualify to participate in the First Time Homebuyer Program and can assist you with your credit history.
I am happy to be the liaison for this process by introducing you to the following lenders in Monroe County.